22 Aralık, 2006

Liberty Monument/Özgürlük Heykeli

I’m a cement woman in the middle
All the ways come straight on me
Once on windy days, rainy sometimes
Trace not to see on my body

Somestime I collect sorrow and sometime love
Niger, white and dreams sometimes
Invisible what’d been wrapped
Blood drops down by my claws

Crown entrusted by Jesus
Makes bleeding the “be”ing
My shine is so far to myself
Whom should I ask?

22 December, 2006
Birsen Şahin









Bir taş kadınım bileşkede

Bütün yollar bana çıkar

Kah rüzgarda, kah yağmurda

Görünmez tenimde izler



Hüzün toplarım, aşk toplarım

Zenci, beyaz ve düş toplarım

Görünmez sardıklarım

Tırnaklarımdan akar kanım



Tacım İsa’dan emanet

Kanatır “ol”uvereni

Işığım kendime uzak

Ben kime sorayım?



22/12/2006

Birsen Şahin

2 yorum:

Adsız dedi ki...

Kim düşündüyse güzel düşünmüş özgürlük anıtının anlamı bence büyük ama onlara yakısmıyor özelliklede özgürlük kısıtlayan zihniyete..

Jim dedi ki...

So true...

About America, and Liberty.

"My shine is, so far, to myself

Whom should I Ask?"

As an American, I have asked myself this very question, and the answer that comes to me is this.

I should ask me, because I am the only person I can change.

Gandhi once said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

My task is to change myself into the person I long to be.

Thank you Birsen for these translations, your poems are deep and poignant.

This reminds me that you had a request for people to write a letter to the Turkish government about about the abuse of political prisonars. I was composing a letter but couldn't find the link when I came back?